Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, September 09, 2005

The big news from Washington (and Hubkaland): I got a job at Quiznos again! I figured I should let everybody know that I'm not completely unemployable. I also wanted to drop some verbage about Scott's wedding and all the stuff I did when I was in Minnesota, but when I wrote an e-mail about it all to Molly, it ended up being eight pages single-spaced, so I'm just going to paste the best short section of the whole thing which just ends up being about our trip to the Minnesota State Fair the day after Scott and Christina got married. The wedding was fun, for those of you who weren't there (Folkestad, I thought I was going to catch you!), but my stories from my arrival to this quotable point where either boring or possibily incriminating enough to avoid relaying on this public forum. Hope this gives you an idea of what we all did last Sunday:
"The next morning, after I showered and the rain outside stopped, we drove to the U to park and ride a bus into the State Fair. Remind yourself that I have never been to the Minnesota State Fair, and I do not like large crowds of people. Yeah. Let’s just list the things we ate (I was lucky enough to use my credit card to get into the fair, and Luke lent me four bucks for a malt, otherwise I simply ate whatever was offered me). Deep-fried pickles was first, followed by cheese curds, strawberries and cream, roasted corn, mini cinnamon rolls, cheese on a stick, spaghetti on a stick, a chocolate malt, chocolate chip cookies, milk, Coke, Pronto pops (?)/corn dogs, ending with more pickles and cheese curds. I exited the fair feeling not so well, yet I wonder why. At the fair, we watched veterinarians spade a dog (really gross!), and a baby calf being born (just as gross!). I spent a lot of time waiting outside for everybody. We also saw some great art in the Fine Art display. I enjoyed it, but we rushed through, losing Naomi along the way. It was interesting to say the least having Kurbis, Luke, and Adam commanding our group in one way or another. Kurbis kept calling Bethany Stephanie, and I don’t remember what she renamed him. Ali would sometimes lead us in the wrong direction. Naomi didn’t do anything of real interest except getting lost here and there. We watched this guy, who I think would label himself an apologist, from one of the Christian radio stations, and while we were watching him have a radio debate with these two fair-goers, Duerkop reminded me that this guy had been a speaker at an Honor’s event, and I remembered him. I didn’t like his approach, but whatever. That was during our cookie binge with unlimited milk for a dollar. That might have been the high point of the bad eating day. We looked at some animals, like pigs and cows and horses, but I was bored out of my mind and usually ended up on the curb outside. We left the fair, and Duerkop in the process, who headed straight for home. Good kid. Gonna miss him. At the parking lot where the bus dropped us off, I said my goodbyes to Kurbis and Bethany. They said I should live in Minnesota."
So, there you have a day in the life of Ivan Denisovichubka. I think I lent that book to Vanessa Westphal back freshman year and never got it back. Thanks for returning The Stranger, Marty. Okay, later, all. Hopefully we're all doing well.

8 Comments:

  • Sorry not making it to the big wedding. My senior pastor was out of town and I was left in charge. Apparently people that that would be a good time to die.
    A 19 year old, a 73 year old and a 101 year old all decided that it would be a good time to get outta here.
    Needless to say, I have been eating pleanty of funeral hotdish and ham sandwiches. and I got one on Sunday and Monday this coming week! Anyone wanna come for some free food?

    Hubka, good to hear from you. REALLY feel bad that we didn't see you! We miss you!

    Later

    By Blogger Folkestad, at 10:56 AM  

  • I'll shoot you!

    By Blogger Robbie, at 10:06 AM  

  • Robbie's still alive!?!?! Who knew...

    By Blogger bradley, at 6:56 PM  

  • I knew.

    By Blogger Robbie, at 11:35 AM  

  • thanks ali! Eat me steve!

    By Blogger Robbie, at 2:25 PM  

  • Way deep down, maybe. The top 53245987324059382475 layers of him totally hate your guts.

    Happy birthday, Bob.

    By Blogger bradley, at 12:46 PM  

  • All these comments and not one about Quiznos. This is good news. Enjoy a sandwich for me Steve. I love you man.
    -f

    By Blogger Folkestad, at 1:47 PM  

  • Holy Crap 15 comments! It is good to hear from all of you. I got nothing to say, but just wanted to be apart of the comment craze. Happy B-day Robbie.

    By Blogger Our Family, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home