Musings from Crown Alumni

Sunday, August 07, 2005

So I was riding with the fam after lunch today, and an interesting topic came up, quite by accident, mind you. My brother was in a church-sponsored golf tournament, and I made the casual suggestion that Jesus didn't seem like the golfing type, to me. If we're talking mainstream sports, I saw him as a soccer player, a midfielder for some reason. Maybe because I've seen soccer guys that look like Anglo-westernized Jesus more than football or baseball players. But I think it's a personality thing. Actually, I figure his sport would be ultimate frisbee. Not that I think because many of our comrades enjoyed that game it means the savior of the world should automatically be inclined towards it, as well. I didn't know if anybody had any other thoughts on the matter. I guess it'd be a little scary picking teams, because nobody would want to not be picked by Jesus. There's a theological quandry: Does Jesus pick you to play ultimate, or do you choose to play with him? I think some good Calvinists would have something important to say about all this predistined frisbee game. I'll keep this short. Later all.

1 Comments:

  • Jesus would pick you, but only because he already knew you wanted to be on his team.

    By Blogger bradley, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home