Musings from Crown Alumni

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Marty, I really was a day or two away from asking where you were. Good to hear from you. Lynnea, very glad to hear that you're doing well.
I actually come before you all to ask a serious question, knowing full well that it's unlikely for me to get a direct response since we've engaged these grade of topics before without generating much interest. I do much better retelling the humorous parts of my life, and I'd definitely like to tell you about my days spent with a puppy and Dawson's Creek reruns on TBS, but I came across things today that have disturbed me in a new and frightening way. This is the main question, and forgive me for its possible simplicity: Has anyone directly referred to you as either a fraud or a coward? And now this question can "fractal" into possible variances, like "in writing" or "in person" or however else you take your coffee (in Lynnea's case, tay). I mean, it's a powerful statement, I think, and now I'm trying to recall pinning it on anyone, and then further trying to recall pinning it on a donkey I know quite well. If an angry driver threw his fist out the window of his car and shouted across four lanes of traffic just to call me a coward or fraud, I would blink several times and proceed to mentally analyze every other vehicle's driving mistakes without really pausing. All that to say, it is somewhere between life-altering and annoyingly painful when a person that does actually know more than your license number can faithfully put forth such accusations in a clear and public manner. I've been called arrogant, and that I can nod and agree that I can be just that, and hopefully there is enough time remaining in my life to apologize for said arrogance to those affected by it. I've been labled ungraceful. Sure, that I can swallow. Lazy? I can be just that, and then the laziness kicks in its big brother, apathy, and so I just don't care. But these are new attacks on my person that I wasn't ready to deal with, and I wanted to know if any of the rest of you had already faced such foes - two things that I wouldn't claim to be above but have never really worried about their presence in my life until now. Am I just over-reacting? Am I wasting your precious time rambling about my self-image? Arrogant lazy ungraceful (Robbie might add bastard in here)... Ya know, if it's raining, you guys can just pour some more in here and affirm that I'm a cowardly fraud. Better to know now than to be disillousioned until later. Like anybody even would want to follow this up with any direct posting. Sorry for a blog-killer of a question. It literally takes over my thoughts at all points of the day. It was bound to take over my blogging. Other than that, I hope all is well in your lives, and please ignore this and keep posting.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home