Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, September 24, 2004

Hello Everybody,
I hope all is going well. Things are going great over here. I just came back from District Conference and it was a great couple of days. I got to see Nathan Miller and we all know that makes a few days great. (Nathan Miller will be the Crown College president in 2020) Anyway life is good for this father-to-be. Jessica is growing massive. If you were an idiot you would think that she swallowed a basketball. It has been such an incredible experience to be able to feel and physically see my little girls moving in their mom's tummy. It is an awesome feeling.

The church is going well, but busy. College was easy compared to life in the church. I have come to the realization that I cannot do what I am being asked to do. It is humbling to be in a position with so much responsibility and I know that I am in over my head. The weird part is I am exactly where God wants me and it is only through dependence on him that I am able to survive. We are going through a great sermon series on images of surrender and it has really opened my eyes to a huge truth. Things happen not because I am able, but because I serve a God who is always able.

Speaking of the sermon series, if you are in the area on either the 3rd or 10th of October then come on over to Hope Church in Apple Valley and hear one of the greatest up and coming preachers in the world. (That would be me!)

Hey I better get going. Keep blogging or start blogging, but get on this thing and let us know what you are up to.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home