Musings from Crown Alumni

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I have been gone for a week and I come back to one blog? Something is wrong. Where have all the bloggers gone? Well, I guess I will take the lead and blog (which I was already doing before I wrote that sentence) I have had a wonderful week. I was at General Council in Cincinnati. For those who do not know this is the annual meeting for the whole denomination of the CMA. I saw a few familiar faces such as Melissa MacDonald, Matt Evans, SYG, Ryan and Tammy MacDonald and there new baby girl, and Andy and Ellen Stumbo who are expecting their first baby girl. It was great to see all of them.

Council was great and boring at the same time. At some points I would sit back and realize that I was amongst 2000 leaders in the church who were all praying for God to work in the Alliance. It was a very humbling experience. That was some of the great. Some of the boring were the business meetings in which we seemed to crawl from one report to another. It took us over 2 hours to pass a recommendation simply because people could not agree on whether it should read with the words "the church" or "the church at-large." No kidding. I did come away from this weekend very refreshed and excited to be apart of the CMA. The highlight of the week by far was the Saturday night missions service. Missionaries from around the world came through holding flags and banners and many were dressed in clothes from the fields where they worked. I must confess that seeing so many men and women who had sacrificed so much for God, I had to hold back tears.

It was a great week, but it is good to be home. I look forward to hearing from all you procrastinating bloggers.

1 Comments:

  • Gabe! I am glad that you showed those Cathlics up! It only took one meeting to vote a Benedict into power!
    Robbie's wedding was awsome! Luke, Ali, Katie and I just returned from Montana. It was good to hang out with Steve!
    NOt much else new here. I am going to the Twins game on thursday so that should be good.
    You gotta plan a time to come up and visit! Golden Tee Awaits!

    Folkestad

    By Blogger Folkestad, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home