Musings from Crown Alumni

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I long for the love of Hubka!
You better still love me Hubka! I let you sleep on bottom for two years! That should account for something. Who knows though, you probably have moved on to other fat men now that you work at Quiznos.

I hope that everyone has been doing well. Things in Menahga (northern minnesota) have been great. I went to "Grand March" two weekends ago at the local High School... 12 minutes long! No lie, I live in the sticks!

If you are looking for some fun activities this summer I dare you to come up to the Menahga area for a time like you have never had before. I PROMISE. What other location can you visit that in one day you can do all of the following...

1. Visit a town called Nimrod
2. Attend a pig race
3. view a 35 foot statue of St. Urho (who can tell me about St. Urho.... Steve? come on history buff!)
4. Go through a drive through where you see a sign that says (honk your horn when ready to order)
5. Go to a church where Carharts are the dress pants of choice
6. Attend "Messy Bessy"

Allow me to explain Messy Bessy. The block off a street and paint a drid of 3x3 squares. The grid has a fence around it, also surrounded by bleachers. Each square is numbered. You buy squares for 5.00 a piece. At noon the real fun begins. They lead a cow into the square and then you wait............................. What ever square "Bessy" craps in wins the money. Unbelievable. You have to see it to believe it. hundreds of people come to watch this.

Things are good with Kate and I. Yet another one of our dogs died. We now have a 11 week old Chocolate lab named Taylor. Hopefully she makes it more than 6 months (that is the record to date).

Seriously though, come up and visit us. We got a great place on the lake. See those of you making the trip out to Montana in May! I expect a free sub Steve!

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home