Musings from Crown Alumni

Saturday, November 25, 2006

I suppose Steve is right (not a phrase I frequently use, by the way): It’s about time I write a real blog. I’ve been avoiding writing anything because I feel like there are so many uncertainties going on right now, and I’ve been waiting until I have something concrete to say before I blog. But I have now realized that it is the nature of life (especially my life) to be confused about what is coming next. So here’s what I know: I turned in my thesis, I defend it on Friday, followed by two weeks of revisions which my committee will hopefully find satisfactory and then…I graduate. Finally. Beyond that, I have no answers. But despite the confusion about the pending future, life is good. Very good.

Last weekend Krista, Kristy Folwer, Sarah Ebner and I all went down to good old O-town for Lenny and Piper’s wedding. We were looking forward to a beautiful wedding, fun with old friends, and a rockin’ (oh yes, I said rockin’) dance. We were not disappointed. Reverend Wakefield brought tears to our eyes, and JD and Swanny DJ’d with the grace and skill of professionals. Most importantly, we made it back without breaking down in Story City, an event which made the last Omaha wedding an occasion to remember for more than one reason. Seeing everyone made me excited for our 5-year reunion, which by the way is shaping up to be quite the affair. Don’t miss it.

1 Comments:

  • I know, I am rather blond these days. People keep mistaking me for Krista, which I don't enjoy. It's just a phase, give me a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll be a red-head or something.

    I'm glad my blog gets the "real" stamp of approval.

    I'll work on moving the reunion to the West Coast for you. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

    By Blogger Lynnea, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home