Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, March 30, 2007

This used to be very easy, now it's a little daunting. I actually was waiting for Duerkop to post some pictures and a quick something about he and I visiting Anne and Molly in the Northeast. I have never successfully posted pictures, so I'm not ready to learn new tricks now. I retell a little bit of our trip on my blog, which is linked on the right there.
It's no wonder nobody does this anymore. This is hard. Most of my stories are either about dancing or something from work, and without the handy use of the flow-chart I created for my roommate, it's hard to navigate through the dozens of names I reference concerning dancing. Work, is simple enough, but difficult to translate. I mean, Amber winked at me the other day. That was a highlight. Meaningless to everyone but me.
To make Duerk happy, I'll just mention that right now I'm listening to Johnny and June Carter Cash, "Jackson", and it's making me smile a bit. Before that was "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer," though not the original version. I've also been stuck on Alison Krauss lately. In a musical way. And probably other ways... it's me after all.
I think I have trouble writing anymore because I was with some friends a few weeks ago, and this one guy mentioned how much he couldn't stand people who detailed their lives in the blog world because it was impossible keep up or stay interested, not realizing that I could nearly be labled as such. So I've tried to ease back from the narcissism that keeps me blogging with a regular frequency. I don't know if anyone else has come across this thought. Probably everybody did a long time ago and I'm just the last to jump aboard and shut up. I can't even elaborate a very simple premise clearly on here anymore. So, here's my last clear thought before hunger and necessity cause me to leave in search of dinner (Lebannese, I hope): Until I have a good story to tell, I won't be back here filling up space because of non-blogging anxiety. I hope the community get a little more lively as summer rolls in.

4 Comments:

  • Well Steve, I'm sorry I let you down with my lack of synopsis and photos from our recent trip. Now that I know about the oversight I was prepared to rectify it but unfortunatly am having trouble getting logged into post. Lynnea you might need to do the same thing for me as you did for Hubka. Later,

    By Blogger Duerkop, at 9:38 PM  

  • Oh, and another thing, the kid who told you blogging wasn't cool anymore is smoking baloney.

    By Blogger Duerkop, at 9:41 PM  

  • You can smoke baloney? Is it good with beer? Can I sell it to little kids and make money and become a rap star? Oh,the questions you raise, Duerk. Hopefully you can get on here and do some blog damage like I just did.

    By Blogger Hubka, at 12:54 PM  

  • Okay, Nathan, I'll try to fix that for you ASAP.

    And Steve, the community has been plenty lively! Haven't you noticed the recent flurry of posts?

    By Blogger Lynnea, at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home