Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, February 09, 2007

Hello, long lost Crown family. Well, I've been waiting until I had a better handle on my life to write about it, but I've since decided that my life will always be in a perpetual state of transition...so I might as well stop waiting.

There are some undeniably exciting things going on, though:

1. Most importantly, Krista and Tyler finally got engaged! I was about to type "it's about time," but then I remembered that she's only 22, so she's not exactly past her prime. They've just been together for so long that it's exciting to see them make things official (although, the government is making things very difficult on account that he's Canadian). They're hoping for October, but it really depends on how long it takes to get a fiance visa.

2. I'm moving to Minneapolis in three weeks. Not exactly a big move, distance-wise, but it is a landmark event because it's the perfect location and the perfect house and I can't wait. So please visit.

3. I am in the midst of deciding between three very different jobs, each of which could take me in very different directions. The problem with getting a degree in English is that it is such a broad field; that means that I'm not really qualified to do any one thing really well like when you're in a more specific field (i.e. nursing, education, etc.), I'm just trained in some skills (writing, reading, editing, etc.) that could apply to many different areas. It makes the job search very confusing, but I think I've got it narrowed down. More details later (this is the whole transitional thing I was talking about).

That's about it for now. 2.25 years until the five year reunion! I hope you're getting ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home