Musings from Crown Alumni

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Amen, Pastor Gabe! Preach on, brother! I do have an excuse for my absence from the blog this week. My time was spent with my best friend home from Iraq and finally done with the Marines for good, and that time was a lot of driving. I got to see Michael Patrick in a small town in the middle of Wyoming a few days ago. You ladies are missin' out; that kid looks good! My truck somehow made the 850 mile trip meandering across Montana and Wyoming without a problem. It only cost $110 to gas up my truck for the entire trip. That's not too bad. While visitng a friend in Billings, I have decided that I can not have children because her seven-year-old sister drove me insane. I guess she mistook me for her best friend instead of her 21-year-old sister's. I've not been so annoyed since living with Bacheldor and Miller at the same time.
Kyle, I guess I haven't hit the wall of real world friends yet because my friend from the Marines is fearless to do anything around me. I was the shy one closing the door to go to the bathroom. It was just like being back in H3. Oh, and me and Brady saw Napoleon Dynamite. Holy cow that was freakin' good. Brady said it made him feel awkward for the rest of the day. All we could do afterwards is make references to it, about the liger and about having nunchuck skills and saying "Idiot!" at random times while trying to dance with our hands in our pants pockets. To all, I would highly recommend this movie. It's probably only in big city theaters, and strangely enough, Missoula as well, but nowhere else I've been to. And besides that, is it sacrelig to drink Guiness from your Crown mug? I'll probably never do it again, but not enough came out of the bottle's mouth for me to gulp down before I could actually taste it. If you want something more disgusting, pour it on bran flakes and eat it for breakfast. Well, maybe I'll just keep this one short and let the rest of you answer Gabe's call.
Bekah, I'm sorry that you're more scared about living alone after my experiences. It's really not htat bad and you get used to it soon enough (so much so that when your best friend decides it's a good idea to play guitar at 9:00 a.m. to wake you up, you are quite annoyed that people are around and wished to have your isolated freedom once again).
I hope you all are doing well. Go see The Village. I thought it was good. But between that and Napolean Dynamite, take the latter. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home