Musings from Crown Alumni

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Hey ya'll! I haven't posted on this mother in forever so here goes nothing...Life in the Lou is pretty good. I can't say that it is all that exciting, but I am having a good time. I have a couple of friends that I can actually say are somewhat close, but I am finding that in the "real world" a close friend is different than in the "Crown world". Case in point: it would not be awkward at all to be in your underwear or even be naked in H3, but in the real world even a mention of taking your pants off would get awkward stares. I haven't mentioned this difference to any of my new friends, but I think there is just something special that happens with friendships when you live with people instead of just chillin a couple of nights a week. When I met a guy named Ted I found that it is also awkward to tell him that my nickname in college was Ted, because then he desired to know WHY I was called Ted, and then he looked embarrased when I actually told him. What is so scary about back hair?
Church stuff is good, we had 15 first time visitors on Sunday that showed up out of the blue. It was great. We have 3 small groups running, one which I am heading up and that is probably the most enjoyable part of my week. Hey Gabe, I have the PERFECT book for you the read. A New Kind of Christian by Brian McClaren. I read it in March and it challenged me in more ways than I can describe. It is about what it REALLY looks like to be a Christian. Alright dawgs, thats all I've got this afternoon. I enjoy readin your posts so keep it up! Talk to ya soon........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home