Musings from Crown Alumni

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Hello everyone!  Thought I would check in to let everyone know that Kate and I are alive and well.  We just returned from a great weekend with our youth group at SonShine.  I was able to spend the hours of 3-4 AM on Friday night/Saturday morning in the back of a Cop car (don't ask) and the music was great.  We are really enjoying our time up North (even though it is a Methodist Church).
I am going to be in the Cities the 30 and 31 of this month, if anyone wants to go to a Red Sox game let me know.  I am looking for someone to go with.  I think that it would be good times! 

On a somewhat different note... I would like to ask for your prayers.  The youth group I am working with is filled with students who need the Lord.  There are about 30 students and about 29 of them come from broken homes ( I am not joking).  Three students have parents that are in jail for meth labs in thier homes, One student is on house arrest because of naughty behavior, One student has had an abortion, Half are into drugs, and the list goes on.  All that being said, they are great kids who are excited about youth group.  Not as excited about God but we will take what we can get right now.  Please pray that I would know how to meet the needs of these students and that their hearts would be opened to the Love of Jesus Christ.  I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your prayers!
Chris Folkestad

In case anyone cares:
Chris and Katie Folkestad
PO Box 246
Menahga, MN 56464
(home) 218-564-4168
(Cell) 218-639-5904
chrisfolkestad@rocketmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home