Musings from Crown Alumni

Monday, July 12, 2004

Tomorrow is the first official office day for me at Hope Church. It is really weird to hear people call me Pastor Gabe. I am very excited and a little nervous. If this does not work out then I just wasted four years of my life and over $60,000. I moved into my new house (the church parsonage) last week and Jessica and myself have been busy trying to get everything organized since. The house is so awesome and if any of you are ever in the neighborhood you are welcome to stop by for a chat. There is also a bw3's only a block away, but I have yet to find out if it has in its building the coveted GOLDEN TEE. I also found out some other very interesting information. Having a baby is expensive. I don't have my kids yet, but I have been looking into the cost of the hospital alone and I am in shock. Let's just say that when we all first came to Crown we spent a certain amount for a year of school. Well if I took out a loan for four years at Crown for the full price I could have almost substituted four years of school for four babies. They should have federal loans for expecting families!
I read a good book recently for the second time. We all had to read it for evangelism class. (Does it really count as a book you read if you were required to read it for a class?) It is the "Master Plan of Evangelism". It is so simply, but it was such a good reminder of what I am here for if I take the name of a Christian. If you have time I would recommend to read it again. Here is one great quote: "There is no place in the Kingdom of God for a slacker..."
I miss you all very much and I am glad to here that most others are having a hard time as I am of letting go of the Crown years. I am so thankful to be able to read about all your lives. Please post any prayer requests, because I would love to be praying for you all. And if you are reading this and you have not written in at least 2 weeks, then blog it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home