Musings from Crown Alumni

Monday, August 16, 2004

I just thought that I would drop a quick note to let everyone know what's happening in the good old northern minnesota getaway we like to call Menahga. Kate and I have been married for 1 year today so that is always fun stuff. I can't believe that it has already been a year! Married life is a great life. You should try it some time Steve :)

Not a whole lot is new here. The youth ministry is trucking along at a good pace. Both Kate and I really enjoy being here and working here. If anyone is every in Norther Minnesota, or whould like a free place to stay on a Lake, give us a call. You can ask Gabe how much fun it is to come and stay at our place. You can even have your picture taken by the St. Urho Statue. Now that is something to get excited about!

That is all for now. I hope to hear for all of you soon. Lynnea I know how hard it is to walk away from a camp, but I can't imagine what it would be like if that camp would no longer be there. Just remember, that camp changed the lives of many, including your own, and those changes will continue in the lives of the children (and adults) that it touched. The camp remains in the lives of the campers and staff, and nothing can take that away!

here is a picture of St. Urho for you all to enjoy! http://www.helsinki.fi/~pkaartin/statue.html

See you all later
Chris Folkestad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home