Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, June 10, 2005

The shoe discount is no more. Today was my final day as a shoe saleswoman at Von Maur. I am surprisingly sad to leave the job, but I desperately need the time right now to do all of my Oxford reading and to write my syllabi for the fall. To tell the truth I was going a little insane being cooped up inside when it has been so beautiful outside, so it will be nice to go read by the lake and actually experience summer. I will miss being surrounded by shoes all day long and being paid to learn as much about them as possible and brighten others’ days by helping them find the perfect pair. I will not miss wearing nylons and a dress everyday, helping seven customers at a time, and knowing that every weekend is going to be occupied by Von Maur. So while I was sad to leave, I still felt excited to leave the store for the final time tonight. Maybe that had something to do with the four pairs of new shoes I was bringing home with me. You know, just for good measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home