Musings from Crown Alumni

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Since I am the king of stupid posts, I thought I would give an update on Kate and I. We are still living on the lake in Menahga, although the church just put our house up for sale. We are excited to be working with the churches! They are both growing and one is in the SLOW process of building a new church (the reason our place is for sale.)

Since we will be needing a place to live, we are looking for land to build a home of our own. This is an exciting adventure. But it is also very scarry! We are also in a Finacial Taining Class right now, Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. I highly suggest it to EVERYONE. It should be a requirement before graduating from Crown! I am so serious!

We are also planning a missions trip to Mexico in June. This is going to be a grea time for our youth ministry. We are excited about it! We will spend one week at an orphanage, Hubka wanna come?

We are staying SO BUSY, it seems like we haven't seen our friends from Crown for such a long time. We miss you guys and the Twin Cities so much. If you are EVER in the Park Rapids area, look us up! We would love to give you a free place to stay and some good free food. (this fat man can cook!)

I saw Bubna's and Wakefield at Open Door on Sunday. I had our youth group down for Dare2Share (the most amazing conference I have ever been to). Ephram Smith was preaching at Open Door and he was great! I miss that place too!

That is enough crap for now. Better start preparing my message for Sunday. By the way, Kate got a new job as an administrative assitant at Community Action an is now chum chum with the senator and state rep. Its going to her head, I am gonna be honest! Just kidding.


Chris Folkestad

3 Comments:

  • Chris,
    Tell Katie that Pride comes before the fall... then trip her and throw her on the ground! Trust me I know what I'm saying. How much are they selling the church and parsonage for?

    By Blogger Our Family, at 9:04 AM  

  • 250,000.00 for the Church and the parsonage. The house is worth tha itself. Any takers? By the way Gabe, did you get my reference from the CMA? Just wondering.

    I use a gun.

    Chris

    By Blogger Folkestad, at 11:05 AM  

  • Dude,

    I totally flunked you on that reference. Have fun staying a methodist!

    I filled it out 2 weeks ago.

    By Blogger Our Family, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home