Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, August 27, 2004

Well, presently I am sitting in the Mansfield Library on the Univeristy of Montana campus, fully registered for both of my classes (European Social/Intellectual Hisotry and Modern France) suprised that there were three other grad students that did not get TA positions, and one of them had a brother that went to Crown, I guess. McCleod? The name rang a bell, but maybe the rest of you know who I'm supposed to be talking about. How often has a man simply walked into your apartment and started a conversation with you, thinking that you're a guest in his apartment rather than the reverse? Well, a fellow walked into our apartment the day before yesterday, thinking he was in the same place two doors down. The poor guy went backpeddling out of our place, apologizing as I held back the laughter. That's what happens when you build apartments that all look alike and are not very clearly labled. If this is going to be a new record for me, so be it, but I need to get off the computer and get to the bus station. Can you believe I had to buy a class schedule listing here? And just in case you needed to be sure it's still me that's writing, there is one cute history grad student, a girl from Japan who's first name I can't pronounce but her last name is Endo, and she's terribly quiet, so we'll see if I can break into her shy life. Probably not, eh?
Lynnea, tell Krista I'm glad she's alive and well, and I hope to talk to her soon.
Brad, that's some classic reactions to the Olympics. I still don't like beer either, but I keep trying to like it so I can have a beer out with the guys and not be forced to buy a girlie drink like O3 out in public.
All of you not going back to school, is it weird like nothing else. Today wraps up the first week of Crown classes that have happened without us. Just to put a smile on your faces, Scott Johnson is in a Ratledge class, and Ratledge kept calling on him in class. Poor Scott. Oh, and I'm sure I'm never going to have stable employment. What a terrible thing, I guess. If you're just reading this and not feeling like you have something to contribute, look at the worthless stuff I'm tossing up and be sure that your voice is more eagerly desired. Write, write write. I mean, blog blog blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home