Musings from Crown Alumni

Thursday, November 18, 2004

As the maker of this blog, I must say, when I began it I had no idea what was going to happen. Will anyone write but me? Will it last longer than a month? Thankfully, I soon realized that both of those were answered with an assertive "yes." How long will this last? I cannot say. But I do feel the need to give a short commentary on the nature of the blog: It goes in cycles. As we all go through different times in our lives, we obviously will have much to say at some times and not much to write at others. So Steve (and anyone else feeling his anxiety at a week gone by with no postings), calm down, it will be okay; people will post again, as is always the case. And don’t be shy about posting twice in a row (thrice might be pushing it…just kidding). Another note, as Adam as shown us, there are SO MANY people who read this blog regularly without posting. I am aware of quite a few, and there is nothing wrong with that. I would rather have them read and not write than not read at all. Not only that, but there are several out there reading this blog who never went to Crown, who use it as a means of entertainment (and I think I can safely say they have been entertained). So keep reading, keep posting, it doesn’t need to be anything "intellectual," "earth shattering," or any other adjective people frequently use as their excuse for not having anything to write.

And as the time draws near when Gabe and I would normally begin sending out flyers for our Christmas Party/Caroling Extravaganza, I realize that even though we are not throwing a party this year, I am thankful that I am part of a graduating class who cares enough to continue the community without it. This blog has provided a place to share announcements about engagements, births, deaths, and everyday occurrences, and that is exactly what I intended it to be (Hey I’m the only woman who writes on this thing, I get to be sentimental). I must say I was a bit afflicted when Steve quoted Kyle as saying the blog is dead, and I realize that someday it will be. Maybe in a year, maybe in five years, or ten…but for now, let’s just enjoy it instead of worrying about it (that is not meant to be a reprimand, but an encouragement). And I’ll end with a quote from Marty that articulates my feelings better than I could have: "I also am forever grateful for the relationships that Crown has brought me. The people whom I know will be lifelong friends and will always genuinely care about me forever. We sure are lucky to be part of a graduating class that still reads message boards to hear the hopes, joys, and disappointments of each other's lives." Keep it up, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home