Musings from Crown Alumni

Monday, December 20, 2004

Well, I figured that somebody should comment on the Janke/Bacheldor wedding, at least to say that it was great to see everybody and of course it was a nice wedding. Guess who got the garter? Yeah, when your roommates push you out of a crowd of guys to go pick it up, and your former roommate, the groom, specifically targets you before letting it fly, you quickly realize that there's no getting out of this one, no matter how much you think it's a strange tradition to throw a piece of underware at a group of single males. How messed up is our culture? Girls get flowers thrown at them, guys get underware. I wonder if Shawn would say that's an intrinsic good, or an extrinsic good. Or not. Hmmm. So I'm just sitting here with Scotty J, with a bunch of liquor boxes in his living room that we just picked up to help him get moved out. It was somewhat awkward walking past little kids in Faith Village with a box that says Fat Bastard Wine Company. It might be just as awkward as smoking a pipe on Scott's back porch, if we do that tonight. I hope so.
Oh, and by the way, in case any terrorists are checking out this website, don't think you can sneak anything onto a plane if you're flying out of Missoula International Airport. I've flown out of Minneapolis, Denver, Seatac, Portland, and plenty of times too, never once stopped or taken out of line. I'm the perfect age, always looking pretty scruffy, pretty fierce, and never once did anyone want to stop me and figure out if I was trying to commit some sort of grand, hateful, murderous act. Then I try to walk through security in Missoula, the hub of international terrorist activity, and I'm pulled aside and given a classic pat down for having too much magnetic strips in my wallet (as though I really have that many credit/debit/ID anything elses). Safety? Do I feel any safer that they are stopping every potential person who has bad credit flying out of the Western part of Montana? They can get a fake bomb onto a plane in Newark, but they'll never get three credit cards past the TSA personel in my town. Great to know. Maybe my streak is over and I'll be given a BCS on my way home out of MSP. Wow, it's fun to toss up all these acronyms. WTF. I think that means Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Okay, I'm done now. Everybody that I got to see, it was good to see you (Kurbis included), and everybody that I haven't seen in a while, count your blessings now before I find a way to weasel my way back into your life. Who's excited about getting LOTR extended edition? I'm pumped. Soon to be pumped full of Leinenkugels'. Honeyweiss is way good. We'll try the original now. Hmmm. Too much. Hey, somebody talk about the holiday season. I'm too drained right now. Gotta get back to doing nothing. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home