Musings from Crown Alumni

Monday, January 31, 2005

I’m ready to trade shoes for books. After almost two months of winter break during which I spent the majority of my time working very closely with shoes, I reached a point where I began counting the days until school will begin again. At Crown we were never really given enough of a break to bring me to a place at the end where I was ready to go back. By the time I wound down from a crazy semester and returned to a pattern of sleeping every night instead of a few days a week, it was time to return and start all over again. Now, I’m ready. I’m so ready that I have decided to increase the amount of classes I am taking this semester just to see what happens. I feel this unexplainable need to finish my Master’s as quickly as possible, and the more classes I take, the faster I will get to the finish line.

Yesterday I was talking about the upcoming semester (which begins tomorrow), and the various activities I am considering joining to fill in my spare time, and Matt told me, "Do you realize that whenever you are in school, you are crazy?" This I quickly denied, I’m not crazy, I just like to keep busy. "No Lynnea," my mom added, "you’re crazy." Well, when your mother confirms something, you have to believe it. So now I’m faced with this trend in my life, trying to discover an explanation. Why do I feel compelled to fill my life with just enough activities that I can’t quite handle them all and retain my sanity simultaneously? And is there anything wrong with that? Most likely. But for now, I am just going to enjoy my final day of sanity and attempt to approach this semester with the knowledge in the forefront of my mind that there are many people in my life waiting for me to relax a bit and experience the here and now. We’ll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home