Musings from Crown Alumni

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I hate to be the "Debby Downer" of the blog, but I have an update on my student Matt. Matt was sent home from the hospital today. The tumor they removed less than a month ago is back, and they found more throughout his body (I don't know exactly where or how many). They sent him home so that he could live out the rest of his time (a couple weeks) at home with his family.

If you guys could keep Matt, His family, and myself in your prayers I would really appreciate it. I will be spending some time with him tomorrow. I am hoping that this gives me an opportunity to share the gospel with his parents.

Thanks for the prayers and encouragment that you guys have given me the last couple weeks. The emails and phone calls have been appreciated. This is definatly a tough time for our student ministry.

In other news, we are building me a new office at the Sebeka Church. I will finally have my own office! This is going to be great! Can't wait! I am also coaching the 7-8th grade baseball team which is a BLAST! Kate is doing great and helping me a TON as we plan our mission trip.

One last thought. The last couple weeks, with Matt's cancert, and other situations, God has began to show Himself to me. Its an amazing thing that no blog could ever explain. Its my prayer that God will do the same to you. We warned, sometimes, it hurts.

Folkestad

1 Comments:

  • Chris,
    Please don't ever hesitate to share whats going on with you. Life is not always perfect - just talk to Hubka. Seriously though, I will continue to pray for you, Matt, and the rest of your kids. Take care,

    By Blogger Duerkop, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home