Musings from Crown Alumni

Thursday, March 30, 2006

UPDATE on my student Matt..
Matt had surgery yesterday to remove the tumor from his brain. The surgery went well, but it was very intrusive. The tumor was down in the brain between the right and left lobe, so they had to work their way down. I talked to him tonight, but he is heavily medicated and in some real pain.

His first two tumors have been on the surface of the brain, so the recovery had been quick. This one looks like it will take more time. When I talked to him, I am not sure that he knew that he was talking to me. It was good to hear his voice though. Tomorrow they will discuss treatment options with his family. It will be interesting to hear what they decide.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for Matt and his family. And thanks for praying for me too. It is great to watch as God works. Hopefully I am able to speak to his family when I see them on Tuesday. I am looking forward to seeing Matt then.

I will keep you updated, but I will try not to fill this blog with this somber stuff. Thanks for letting me share here.

Folkestad

1 Comments:

  • Hey, somber stuff is welcome here just as much as any other type of content. Thanks for the update.

    By Blogger Lynnea, at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home