Musings from Crown Alumni

Monday, March 27, 2006

As Menahga Turns
Some of you may remember be talking last year about a student of mine with a Brain tumor. He had it removed for the second time last August. Well... He went in for a checkup and found that it has again returned. Unfortunatly, the last surgery was a last ditch effort. This is not good news that it returned.
I don't know that I am equipped or ready to deal with this. Some people ask me why I am in ministry, or why I would want to continue at a church. I guess this is a reason. You can minister and be affective and not be a "paid" person at a church, but for me, if I didn't have it as a ajob, it would fall down on my priority. My life moves fast enough now, if I had a different job, these kids lives would take 3, 4, 5 or lower prority in my life. This may not make sense to you, but it is how I feel tonight... Matt is dying.... Who is gonna be there for him? His dad?.... He died when he got so drunk, tried to break into the community pool and cracked his head on the concrete. The rest of his family, yeah they are there for him but they don't have Christ. Tonight I can say that I am there for him. Its gonna hurt, but that is what I can offer him. And I its something I can offer him that I don't know if I could if I had a different job. I should stop talking.

I appologize for the nature, lack of proper writing style, and anything else about this blog, but its how I am feeling tonight; angery, confused, sad, helpless, and grateful for where God has brought me. Those are weird feelings to be feeling at the same time.

For what its worth...
Folkestad

2 Comments:

  • Wow, Chris, I can't even imagine. I don't even know what to say except that I echo Adam's prayer for wisdom and strength. Keep us updated.

    By Blogger Lynnea, at 5:55 PM  

  • Chris,

    God has you there for a reason. You are the only person that I know who could have put up with all the crap that has hit that group. If I remember correctly that young man accepted Christ at a conference last year. That a direct result of your faithful service. You are doing what so many only talk about. You are living your life for Christ in a way that is actually making a difference for the people around you. For that I commend you and I will continue to pray for you. See you on Tuesday.

    By Blogger Our Family, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home