Musings from Crown Alumni

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Greetings from "way up North" (actually central Minnesota). As some of you know, or don't know, I am working for the dirty United Methodist church. I thought I was hired as the youth pastor, but upon arrival I was told that I am the director of Family Ministries. I will be Pastor of Family Ministries as soon as I take time to "pass the test" with the Alliance.

Kate and I are loving out new home on the Lake. Yes, it is nice to have the first house you ever live in given to you. Even better when that house that is given to you has 5 bedrooms. And even better when that house that is given to you with 5 bedrooms happens to be on a lake. We like it. If anyone is looking for a painter (I didn't say a good painter) talk to Robbie. He was nice enough to come up and help us paint.

Not much is new here. Life is different living in a town of 1,000 people and you are the lead story of the paper the first week you move in. That is right, my first day at work the news reporter was at my office ready to do an interview for the local paper. I guess someone under the age of 75 moving into a town is big news. I would estimate that 25-30 cars drive by out house on a daily basis. They don't drive by because they are on the way to anywhere special though, they just drive by and look at Kate and I. I know that pastors live in a glass house, but this is crazy. People actually sit outside our house and watch us. Guess there is new blood in Fin land.

Not much else is new. I guess this is way too long of a blog but what can I say, I am fat. The main claim of Menahga (our town) is that it is the home of St. Urho. Does anyone know about him? Well... there is a statue of him at the entrace of the town. He is about 15 ft. tall and has a pitchfork with a grasshopper on it. IF I AM LYING I AM DYING! (ask Robbie) I will talk to everyone at Luke's little party he calls a wedding. Unlike other people, Kate and I are not having any children in the near future. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home