Musings from Crown Alumni

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Okay, Brad, and anyone else who cares, I suppose it is time for me to relive Saturday night in order to explain my absence. I too was greatly looking forward not only to seeing everybody at the wedding, but also to see the wedding itself (I knew it would be beautiful). So there I was, my first Saturday night off of work in months, I’m all ready to go. Matt and I got in the car and drove. And drove… and drove… and drove. Apparently we got bad directions, because we drove for FOUR HOURS and NEVER FOUND the church or the reception site. I hate yahoo maps. And, now Matt forever hates Coon Rapids. It is entirely my fault for many reasons: I should have verified the directions, taken a map with me instead of just the directions, or brought a phone number with us to call in case we were lost. Which we were. Let’s just say it was a very frustrating evening during which Matt was more patient than I was. At 8:00 we gave up and went home defeated. So this is my formal apology to Jessie and Marty as well as to everyone at the wedding. I apologize for RSVPing and not showing up. But I tried, I really did. Now here is the good news: knowing that if I would have had a cell phone with me I would have been able to call Brad or Kurbis or someone else I knew was at the wedding or reception to help us find our way made me go out on Sunday and finally get a cell phone. I’ve been putting it off for long enough. E-mail me if you want the number, I don’t really want to post it on the internet (I’m with Sprint, so if anyone else is as well, we’ll be doing a lot of talking). So that’s my story. I’m sorry to have missed such an important event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home