Musings from Crown Alumni

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

So Lynnea, was it all you imagined and more? Is your collection of small glass spheres slowly passing from your conscious apprehension? I do not miss it, not one bit. I can read whatever I want now without feeling guilty for ignoring assigned reading and assignments. I don't have to write a bunch of crap pages trying to prove that I have something to say when all of you can vouch for the fact that I have absolutely nothing new to give to the world (is that the world of ideas, or the world of phenomena, eh former philosophy students and Ratledgites?). Sorry, I'm in a weird mood, obviously.
Oh, I was thinking this morning about what I should blog today, and I was trying to get a grasp on Lynnea's wild "school mode" of overloading in every possible part of life when I tried to pin it on middle child syndrome again, but it just wasn't working in my between-waking-and-sleeping state of mind. So instead I tried to think of a person more independent than Krista, the most out of place youngest child on earth. I mean, I'm the youngest, and I'm completely helpless. I'm lucky I can tie my own shoes and turn on the stove without burning myself. But thinking of Krista's independent nature, I wondered who would win in a fist-fight between her and Robinson Crusoe. Then I started thinking of her on every stranded thing I could think of, from Swiss Family Robinson (slamming the thatched cupboard doors on all the little kids fingers), to Lost in Space (she really tore up that robot after it said "Danger Will Robinson, Danger" too many times), and I think the other tie in here obviously was something to do with Robinson as well, but man it was a crazy thought. That robot's arms flailing for about thirty seconds while Krista shouts "Shut up!" over and over again was a wonderful little imaginative effort to wake up to. I don't think all this is very clearly expressed here, so don't think I wake up most mornings thinking about Krista on fifties TV shows, but do remind yourself how little I have to really focus my attention on now that the Xbox is gone. Okay, I'm done. Anybody watching the State of the Union tomorrow? Duerk, I'm really talking to you. Lynnea, keep us updated on wonderful overbearing grad school. Robbie, why am I leaving a message for you on this when you sleep twenty feet from me (keep your door locked... I still might be trying to kill you... you never know). I've gotta send this so that it will post on the right day, if that. Oh wait, it' s set to Central Standard Time. Not as good as my time zone (maybe that'll be a blog someday). So, in parting, "Your mom goes to college." Bye all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home