Musings from Crown Alumni

Friday, March 04, 2005

Is it just me or does Annie's life seem way cooler then everybody else's? Way to live the good life Anne. It is great to see the explosion of blogs in the last couple of days. I must say I am a bit frustrated by Adam W. I know you read bro... but why aren't you writing? (Adam and I are not really brothers, though I would be honored to be related to a king.) Steve, I am glad to see your blogs once again. I do want to hear about your life even in the mundane. It is not so much of what you are going through, but how you tell it. I love to hear you tell it. Brad, I have been working at witnessing to Bill Gates. Soon we will start MAC. Folkestad, please blog.

On to other news. Last night my family was invited to go over to another couples house for dinner. In the evening before we left, I had some funny, fatherly experiences. I had come home exhausted from a very long day. I was not home more then a half an hour when to my dismay my little daughter Alyssa decided to spit up on the sweater that I had worn to work that day. It is always a frustrating experience to be forced to change clothes due to some sort of unexpected disaster. However, I was able to contain the rage of this moment and realized I was probably going to change anyway since we were going out. So I put my daughter down and got on a different shirt. This was no ordinary shirt, but a grey Crown College long sleeve t-shirt. It was the kind you get free for applying. I was wearing this when I decided to pick up my other daughter Elliana. She was in a great mood smiling away at her pappy. We were having a great time exchanging looks and laughs. I was lounging on the couch holding her in the air over my chest when it happened. A burp came up and brought with it a white substance that most call milk. This is not an ordinary milk, because it has been mixed with saliva to make quite a formidable foe. It would not have been so bad if we were not cursed with this thing called gravity. Due to the pull of our massive planet this white substance proceeded to fall, covering my spiffy Crown College long sleeved t-shirt. I let out a small grunt of displeasure as I was very upset to see another shirt soiled before its time was up. I looked up at my daughter to show her my annoyance when I noticed that she was smiling at me. Her smile went from ear to ear. The saliva filled milk was still dangling from her lips, her chin was covered in white, but she was the most beautiful girl in the world as she was smiling at her dad. I could not show any annoyance, in fact I began to laugh at this beautiful milk-faced little angel. I placed her down and left to changed again. A little while later the girls were eating there supper. After they were done I grabbed up Alyssa to burp her. Alyssa got me again! She spewed forth her weapon of mass destruction. Thankfully she missed my shirt, but not my jeans. We were now only minutes away from leaving to go to our friends for supper. I looked down in disbelief. I could not believe it had happened a three times in a night. Oh, what I life I have created for myself.

Pappy Out

1 Comments:

  • Gabe, I don't know if you even read these comments, but I want to commend you on your fathering skills. I know many fathers who refuse to change diapers and deal with the "messy" parts of parenting, but you face it head-on! Good job Gabe!

    By Blogger Lynnea, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home