Musings from Crown Alumni

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I realize that I'm already over my allotted space and frequency for adding to this blogger, but I have to put this on and afterwards, I'll leave it alone for as long as I can. Last night I clearly remember one part of my dream, and it incorporated so many things I felt I needed to simply write it down and explain it in a bit. (The dream starts here) I was manning a AAA battery (Anti-aircraft artillery) on a moonlit night when I noticed something of a shadow across the moon. The other gunner and I took aim and fired into this object moving across the sky. Low and behold, it was a hot air ballon, and it fell to the ground at the end of the street where I was. I ran over to the balloon (this is only in my dreams, running that is) and found that I had shot down a balloon carrying Lenny, JD, and someone else (probably Dave or Marty or somebody like that). Lenny was fine, walking around like nothing had really happened, but JD was lying on the ground, not moving, with a little trickle of blood at the corner of his mouth. I freaked out and dialed 911 on my cell phone, but hit too many 1's, then started to erase them, it dialed the number when I didn't want it to, and that's when JD jumped up and they both started laughing at me, since they were faking JD's death. Okay, it doesn't sound as good now that I wrote it down, but it was pretty vivid, so I hope that doesn't mean anything for the future. I think the AAA battery stuff came from all the D-day commemoration thing this weekend, and the rest, I have no idea. Sorry if this was boring. So now to try out what everybody else does.
Gabe- Congrats on all the news. I agree whole-heartedly with Lynnea that you should send both of your children to Crown, especially if I'm teaching history there. I've calculated the costs, assuming no great change in tuition increases, and it will cost you probably between $60-80,000 per year per child. Buy a small house, go to college for a year. If Brad's old dreams come through, he'll be in the theology department to teach your children as well. If Kurbis's dreams come true, he'll be doing 15 to life in a Federal prison.
Josh- Call a bratha back sometime, eh? I refuse to leave any more unheeded messages in your voicemail box.
Lynnea- I read the Yancy book. Great book. It was the first of the seven books I've read since sitting in Missoula without a job. I just finished our old Biology book. I actually would recommend it.
Jolene- I hope to be fighting the Sith with you here shortly, depending on move-in time and free-time. Any tips before I start the game up. I realize the computer game is the only realm in which I will ever have the semblence of heroics, so I'm trying to get into it as quickly as possible.
Molly- What's life like without your conjoined twin?
Kyle- Go play tennis. I mean it. Yeah, you know.
Luke- Could you calculate, with inflation and all, the actual cost of Gabe's kid's tuition? I'm not that great at math, and I might have told Gabe a lie. He'll never know, eh?
Again, sorry to the rest of you that this is just another long blog from Missoula. If you want me to be shorter, write a blog about it (Lynnea, I think your trick is working!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home